Because they must continue to live, many people use masks to cover their noses and mouths to prevent themselves from contracting the constantly mutating virus. So, are 3M 1860 N95 masks effective in stopping the virus? If so, how long can these masks last? Are they reusable?
Unlike surgical masks, 3M 1860 N95 is thicker and used to help prevent the spread of diseases. The CDC crown gall alkali, which should be corrected as correctly as possible, can filter out 95% of the particles in the air.
They have the ability to maintain spacer particles smaller than 0.3 microns in size. Isn't that impressive? In order to ensure that the mask can work properly, you need to ensure that it remains functional and alternative.
The 3M 1860 N95 mask is designed to prevent any particulate matter, such as smoke, aerosol, mist, smoke and dust. Respirators can also protect against biological particles such as allergens, animal dander and viruses. , Infestation of mold spores and pollen.
In short, they have a magical protective effect to prevent atomization substitution that is invisible to ordinary eyes.
- How long can 3M 1860 N95 masks be used?
You can use the 3M 1860 N95 mask continuously for many hours. The respirator can reach its best performance after eight hours of intermittent or uninterrupted use. Regular replacement is necessary.
Regarding its shelf life, in most cases, you can use it for up to 5 years from the date of production (please check the date printed on the mask packaging).
In addition, since storage conditions will affect its durability, it should be ensured that it is stored correctly in its original packaging
OSHA instructs you to reuse the 3M 1860 N95 mask, provided it maintains its practicality and operational integrity. Most importantly, its filter material should not be soiled or physically damaged.
In any of the following cases, you need to discard the 3M 1860 N95 mask:
- Throw it away after close contact with the environment or area of a patient co-infected or infected with the disease.
- If the mask is contaminated with nasal secretions, respiratory secretions, blood or other body fluids, please discard it.
- Please take off the mask after using the mask during the smoke generation process.
- Can I put 3M 1860 N95 in fresh outdoor air for 1 day for repeated use?
Researchers have found that this new coronavirus can survive for several hours (on cardboard and copper) and several days (on plastic and stainless steel) at a certain temperature.
Why is it different? This is because the coronavirus needs its "envelope" to survive. Soft, porous materials such as cardboard can carry moisture away from the virus, and drying has a devastating effect on the envelope. Ultraviolet rays and heat will enhance this effect.
3M 1860 N95 masks are also porous materials. Therefore, it can be reasonably expected that if the mask is placed in an environment that is unfavorable to the virus, the coronavirus on the surface of the mask may become non-infectious after 24 hours.
However, so far, there is no evidence to show how long this new coronavirus can survive on fabric masks.
Moreover, according to the CDC, even when the PPE consumables are exhausted, 3M 1860 N95 masks can only be reused for a limited time, which means that you should not disinfect them in this way, and they should be used indefinitely. reuse.
- General precautions for using 3M 1860 N95 masks
- Note: Do not wear an 3M 1860 N95 mask with an exhalation valve in an environment that requires sterile conditions.
Another very important thing you need to know is that every FDA-approved 3M 1860 N95 mask is labeled as a “disposable” disposable gadget. For this reason, if your notebook happens to be soiled or damaged, it needs to be removed, confiscated and exchanged for an unused notebook. This is also true if you have difficulty breathing.
Safe confiscation requires that it be placed in a plastic bag and then placed in a trash can. After completing this operation, you need to wash your hands thoroughly.
- Note: The 3M 1860 N95 mask is not tailor-made for children or adults with facial hair. This is because the two parties cannot wear masks correctly. As a result, they may not be adequately protected.
When it comes to fit, how do you ensure that the 3M 1860 N95 mask fits perfectly? Well, you can start the negative pressure and positive pressure checks to ensure that you not only put on the mask correctly, but also make appropriate adjustments when needed. This is how to deal with it:
- Put both hands on the mask, place them on your nose and mouth, and inhale deeply. Make sure not to damage the position of the mask. It needs to be pulled into your face. If you find air leaks in your eyes or face, correct the belt and nose pads, and then repeat the pressure check process.
- Put both hands on the mask, place them on your nose and mouth, and breathe deeply. Does your mask have an exhalation valve? When exhaling, make sure the exhalation valve is completely covered. If you are fit, there should be no air leakage. If there is a leak, you need to readjust the belt and nose bridge, and then repeat the pressure check process.
Watch this video to learn how to wear 3M 1860 N95 masks properly.